Estimated reading time: 1 minute
Three major types of coastal styles:
- Mediterranean: Characterized by vivid colors, plenty of terra cotta pottery, and the liberal use of wood accents.
- American/cottage coastal style: Nautical decor like seashells and netting, airy materials like wicker and rattan, and soft, pastel hues like sky blue or lilac.
- Tropical Coastal: fun, festive patterns, vibrant hues and tiki-themed decor.
How to Get the Look?
- Jute rugs, Muslin, Layered area rugs, tapestries
- Bold patterns,
- Wooden floors
- Natural light, soft tones.
- White interiors
- Neutral, pale blues & green
- Wooden grooves
- Whitewashed/Weathered wood
#SundayStyleGuide – Coastal StyleAr. J Thomas